Moving God’s Kingdom Forward from the U.P. to the World.
1. WE REACH PEOPLE: we’ll do anything short of sin to reach people who don’t know Christ; to reach people no one is reaching, we’ll have to do things no one is doing.
2. WE ARE A DANGEROUS CHURCH: we’ll never insult God with small thinking and safe living.
3. ANYTHING WORTH DOING IS WORTH DOING RIGHT: excellence honors God and inspires people.
4. WE CHURCH NOT ME CHURCH: the local church is the hope of the world and we know we can accomplish infinitely more together than apart.
5. WE WILL LEAD THE WAY WITH IRRATIONAL GENEROSITY: we truly believe it is more blessed to give than to receive.
6. SAVED PEOPLE SERVE PEOPLE: the church does not exist for us, we are the church and we exist for the world.
7. WE WILL LEAVE A LEGACY: who will be standing on our shoulders in 20 years, we will plan with the present and the future in mind.
8. WE ARE CHURCH PLANTERS: we desire a broad impact on our community by growing wider in more places than building higher in one place; we are a church planting church.
9. WE ARE PRO-LIFE IN REAL LIFE: by serving families, we strengthen the gospel in our communities, when families are strengthened our church is strengthened.
10. WE ARE INNOVATIVE & CREATIVE: we honor God by displaying his beauty, through our gifts, talents and innovation.
NORTHIRON Church is affiliated with the Assemblies of God (AG) and believes and follows the AG’s 15 fundamental truths listed below.
WE BELIEVE…The Scriptures are Inspired by God and declare His design and plan for mankind.
1. WE BELIEVE…There is only One True God–revealed in three persons…Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (commonly known as the Trinity).
2. WE BELIEVE…In the Deity of the Lord Jesus Christ. As God’s son Jesus was both human and divine.
3. WE BELIEVE…though originally good, Man Willingly Fell to Sin–ushering evil and death, both physical and spiritual, into the world.
4. WE BELIEVE…Every Person Can Have Restored Fellowship with God Through ‘Salvation’ (trusting Christ, through faith and repentance, to be our personal Savior). [1 of 4 cardinal doctrines of the AG]
5. WE BELIEVE…and practice two ordinances—(1) Water Baptism by Immersion after repenting of one’s sins and receiving Christ’s gift of salvation, and (2) Holy Communion (the Lord’s Supper) as a symbolic remembrance of Christ’s suffering and death for our salvation.
6. WE BELIEVE…the Baptism in the Holy Spirit is a Special Experience Following Salvation that empowers believers for witnessing and effective service, just as it did in New Testament times. [1 of 4 cardinal doctrines of the AG]
7. WE BELIEVE…The Initial Physical Evidence of the Baptism in the Holy Spirit is ‘Speaking in Tongues,’ as experienced on the Day of Pentecost and referenced throughout Acts and the Epistles.
8. WE BELIEVE…Sanctification Initially Occurs at Salvation and is not only a declaration that a believer is holy, but also a progressive lifelong process of separating from evil as believers continually draw closer to God and become more Christlike.
9. WE BELIEVE…The Church has a Mission to seek and save all who are lost in sin. We believe ‘the Church’ is the Body of Christ and consists of the people who, throughout time, have accepted God’s offer of redemption (regardless of religious denomination) through the sacrificial death of His son Jesus Christ.
10. WE BELIEVE…A Divinely Called and Scripturally Ordained Leadership Ministry Serves the Church. The Bible teaches that each of us under leadership must commit ourselves to reach others for Christ, to worship Him with other believers, to build up or edify the body of believers–the Church and to Meet human need with ministries of love and compassion.
11. WE BELIEVE…Divine Healing of the Sick is a Privilege for Christians Today and is provided for in Christ’s atonement (His sacrificial death on the cross for our sins). [1 of 4 cardinal doctrines of the AG]
12. WE BELIEVE…in The Blessed Hope—When Jesus Raptures His Church Prior to His Return to Earth (the second coming). At this future moment in time all believers who have died will rise from their graves and will meet the Lord in the air, and Christians who are alive will be caught up with them, to be with the Lord forever. [1 of 4 cardinal doctrines of the AG]
13. WE BELIEVE…in The Millennial Reign of Christ when Jesus returns with His saints at His second coming and begins His benevolent rule over earth for 1,000 years. This millennial reign will bring the salvation of national Israel and the establishment of universal peace.
14. WE BELIEVE…A Final Judgment Will Take Place for those who have rejected Christ. They will be judged for their sin and consigned to eternal punishment in a punishing lake of fire.
15. WE BELIEVE…and look forward to the perfect New Heavens and a New Earth that Christ is preparing for all people, of all time, who have accepted Him. We will live and dwell with Him there forever following His millennial reign on Earth. ‘And so shall we forever be with the Lord!’